Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Super Back Home Happy Cute Fun Times!

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. Dad is doing great- he may have gone home today (haven't heard yet) or he'll be home tomorrow. UPDATE: He came home tonight!

Well, I'd like this to be a "get well" post for my dad. I think these pictures of Deacon should do the trick!

There were a couple of festivals this past weekend, so Deacon was out and about, ready to rock, and off the heezy. Check him:



Stephanie, a long time friend and frequent commenter on this blog, came to visit from DC with her friend, Dwight. Good times were had by all.

Now I'd like to wax political for a moment. I have refrained from this subject area until now, and as I type I wonder if I should start, but I am, so you're warned. Look away if you need to.

Okay, ready?

I heard someone saying that Sarah Palin puts lipstick on pit bulls and pigs. Then she turns them into stew. As a vegetarian I don't think I can vote the McCain-Palin ticket. Oh that and their blatant hypocrisy, lies, ANWR-"drill baby drill"-chanting, issue-dodging, name-calling, speech-repeating (the same one since the convention), "lipstick"-issue-making ways. I respect Palin as a human being and American (U-S-A), but if she's going to be a willing accomplice to the Republican's attempted smear of Obama as a sexist for his use of the practically cliche "if you put lipstick on a pig," analogy to criticize McCain's "maverick"-ness, then she is the one who is allowing her sex to become an issue. Isn't that in reality a much more "sexist" act? Not to mention a ridiculous twisting of words, meaning, and logic. Not the kind of people I want in my White House. With that said, Deacon is voting for Obama and so am I.

8 comments:

Steph said...

YAY! Glad to hear Grandpa H. is doing well & kickin' back at home! =)

I miss your little baby so much! :( His Aunt Stephie sends LOTS of hugs, squeezes, kisses & smiles!!!

Can't wait 'til next time!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Amy said...

Matt, you're very eloquent. I understand now why you're an excellent communications prof.

Also, you make cute babies.

Anonymous said...

Liam is also barack-ing the vote.

Steph said...

i love those pics so much -- especially the one of the three of us, jilly!! it's super cute & makes me happy.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO GLAD TO KNOW GREG IS DOING WELL. WHILE LOOKING AT MY DARLING NEPHEW MASTER SOME TOE TRICKS MY PHONE RANG. I THINK THEY WANTED YOU MATT...IT WAS AN OBAMA SURVEY. I DID PARTICIPATE BY ANSWERING ALL THE QUESTIONS AND PROMISED VOTES FROM OUR ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD. KISS THAT BABY FOR AUNT NINI I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES-HE'S CUTER EVERY TIME I LOOK AT HIM. DO YOU SEE ANY OF ME IN HIM? HEHE YOUR AUNT XOXO

Anonymous said...

love that baby deacon! Those eyes, those toes ! glad to hear your dad is doing well, tho I did talk to him today(fri) and heard about thursdays blip in the recovery process but hopefully all systems are go from here on ! love gramma weezee and papa

Joe and Aimee said...

holy smokes joe and aimee are glad to hear your dad is ok! hope you're all doing well too!

Anonymous said...

Can't keep a good man down ! Deacon's Grandpa H. is about to embark on a weekend trip to the Thousand Islands. Going to show the Ole Man River a thing or two.
(with Dr.'s blessings, I might add)
We are not taking out any docks or closing camps for the winter--but joining long time friends, the Lozos, for a bit of boating, river drifting, star gazing relaxation (and some euchre playing, too).
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and many prayers.
We're looking forward to our "Deacon fix" in October. (Also Dr. approved)

We are blessed. Thank you all.

Memah