Monday, September 1, 2008

"On the Road Again"

It was a long weekend shared with good friends, family, and the road. It was also complete and total baby mania. I mean infants. I thought it was funny when I first came up with "Procreate in '08" (and yes, it was I), but I didn't expect it catch on like it has!

Deacon had a blast hanging with Liam in Dayton, while Damion and I enjoyed a little disc golf. I'm thinking about starting a new disc golf blog, so look for that coming soon. (UPDATE: here it is http://thediscgolfrecord.blogspot.com/) It was good to be back in Dayton. Things there have changed, yet managed to remain pretty much the same.

After spending Saturday in Dayton, we hopped in the car and headed over to the Huff's home in Columbus to meet Tyler. He was so little and seemed very alert for only being a couple of weeks old. I think his big sister might have something to do with that. Rachel and Deacon have really hit it off. As if seeing baby Tyler wasn't enough, the whole family came out to see us and celebrate Papa Lombardi's birthday - Happy Birthday! It was a great time filled with badminton, cookin' out, gifts (with Rachel, after a vigorous shaking, asking, "Is it cake?" for each.), babies (did I mention the babies?), and yes, cake (fulfilling Rachel's quest). Unfortunately our camera battery died, so we missed a good chunk of photo opportunities.

FYI, Deacon is a champ at 8 hour car rides. Me? Eh. I'm tired and cranky. Wah!

Pictures:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got home safe! The pictures are great. We had a great time over the weekend. Hope to see you soon!

Greg said...

Wonderful! Sounds like a great weekend with some beautiful kids and beautiful people too! Congratulations to all the "procreators" and their family & friends.

We're looking forward to our Deacon fix in October!

Love & kisses

Grandpa H

Steph said...

Heeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I get to meet Deacon in a few days!!!!!!! =) FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm a little excited.

Anonymous said...

and a great time was had by all ...

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. I love seeing all the pics.....babies everywhere!Very nice family photo too. Love Aunt Diane