Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week 6 - Shhh... Smiles Six

Deacon loves alliterations. He is seriously like, the smartest baby we know.
Can you bounce to the beat?
He can.

This past week was about smilestones! Smiles for miles.

Other events include... Deacon went to Target and on some walks in the baby bjorn . Deacon voted! He wanted to vote McCain (silly baby!) but Mama went for Obama (Dad too). He also enjoyed a fire in our fire pit with friends and his first retirement party, for my supervisor.

And of course, we celebrated our first Mother's Day. Our big event of the day was a photo shoot at Jill's co-worker's studio. We should have some of those pictures up shortly. Other than that it was a relatively lazy day and we did our best to make sure Mom was able to relax and enjoy herself.

For dinner, our friends Vicky and Adam Partridge made us eggplant parmesan. We were also joined by Byron and Amy Alday (if you go back to our Asheville the baby shower pictures you can see everybody). It was a very nice meal shared with friends on a special day.

Today begins my summer vacation. I get to spend the next three weeks at home with Deacon and Jilly. I'm looking forward to being around and enjoying their company. We don't have any big plans, so if you're in the neighborhood give us a ring, we'll be around.

You thought there would be pictures?


4 comments:

Steph said...

WOW! He's getting so big! And all the smiles are adorable! :)

Give him some hugs & kisses for me!!!

And Happy Mother's Day, Jilly!!! =) Awww.

Amy said...

Where did all that cheek come from!

Enjoy your time off

CHEEKS!!!

Anonymous said...

As a recipient of that art, I must say I enjoyed this inside glimpse of the artist and his process!

Precious. I'll echo Steph and Amy--kiss those cheeks for me!

Thank you guys!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW....I KNOW YOU SAID
AUNT NINI AND DEACON SMILED. HOW SWEET. WHAT A DELIGHT HE IS. HE IS REALLY GROWING. LOVE THE FEET IN FIRST ART PROJECT. MATT ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF AND KEEP THE CHRONICLES COMING YOU DO A FINE JOB. HUGS & KISSES TO YOU ALL

AUNT DI