Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Deacon at the Doctor's

Before I begin, last night Jill and I found ourselves driving across town listening to a kid's song on the radio thanks to WNCW, a great local station, by this guy Secret Agent 23 Skidoo. It was really odd - the experience that is, the music was actually good for kid's music. It is positive hip-hop for kids (e.g., "I gotta be me!"). I guess it beats Barney!

Today was Deacon's two month check-up he is 24 and 1/3 inches long (that's over two feet!) and 13 pounds and 8 ounces. He is a fine physical specimen, still in the 90th percentile for height and in the 85th for weight, and it is all in just the right places!

This visit also included some not so pleasant vaccines - the HiB, Rotovirus, and PCV. Two of those are shots and one was oral. We did put another vaccine off for two weeks, in an effort to spread them out a bit. He has been sleeping for the better part of the day since, which is probably for the best (let's hope he keeps it up). Sleep 'er off Lil Deak!

On another note, I racked a repeat of the oatmeal chocolate stout today. That basically means that I siphoned it from one container to another. It should be ready in about 10 days. This will also most likely mark the end of my brewing "season," because as the temperatures rise the yeasts die.

2 comments:

Amy said...

good boy, shots are no fun :(

TMBG also has some real fun, good kids albums out, cause everyone knows... barney sucks.

Anonymous said...

GIVE DEACON A HUG AND KISS FROM AUNT DIANE