Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Joys of Pregnancy - "Swankles"



Jill has been lucky enough to have a picture perfect pregnancy. You need look no further than this very blog for proof of that. Yet, not all the pictures of a picture perfect pregnancy are pretty.

Enter ~the swelling~

As a result we've become very sodium conscious in our household over the last three months. Jill also does well to spend plenty of time with her feet up. I had initially referred to Jilly's condition as "Cankles," but was later corrected by our OB/GYN, Dr. Simmons, that when the condition is the result of pregnancy induced edema the proper term is "Swankles."

I don't care what you call them, I say they're hot, hot, hot - you'll see this trend spread across the U.S. of A. in 2008 (the year to procreate).

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, dear. Poor Jilly's swankles!

Not for too much longer though....

LOVE & MISS YOU GUYS!!! =)

P.S. I'm shooting for a June visit, so please reserve my room at the Heimburg Bed & Breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Here's a made up irish wish- may your ankles and belly go down as fast as ?? what ?? matt's beer !! love mom l.

Anonymous said...

I love mom l and love her toast. I can only say "mea culpa" as I've been distracted by St. Paddy's day and Easter. As I wait for the phone to ring, I must state, I know swankles and these too will pass...and you'll have a son as wonderful as Matt H. !

Love you, Kiss you, Prayers,

Mom H