Monday, April 20, 2009

What just happened?

Well, I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking, but they can't tell how thankful we are to have such loving families. Here's a brief recap:

My parents (G&G H) spent last week in Asheville, entertaining Deacon and making us food for the next month. By Friday both clans were in town (we missed ya Lombardis & Bertrums!!). Saturday was Deacon's Welcoming Ceremony (or Baptism) and reception, followed by naps and then disc golf for the guys and the pool for ladies and babies. On Sunday we said goodbye to G&G H, Aunt "The Reader" Amy, and the Huffs, but had dinner with Unkie "The Godfather" Josh, Aunt "The Godmother" Jenn, and Weezie, Papa and Aunt Linda. We couldn't have planned a more perfect weekend!

Thanks to everyone who came and helped us make a meaningful and memorable event and to everyone who was thinking of us this past Saturday for Deacon's ceremony!

If you have any pictures we'd love to see them!

Oh, and if you've been wondering about the Beer? Yeah, it's good.



Easter Morning



The Welcoming Ceremony



One last thing: Deacon's walking now.

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yay for Deacon...being welcomed and walking all in one week! The pictures were great!

AUNT DIANE said...

It looks like a wonderful celebration. What a lovely location for Deacon's special day.
Very nice pictures. Bruce and I happened to be awake at 2:a.m. and we were glad to see your addition to the chronicles.Thanks for sharing. We missed being there but attended soulfully. Love to all and a big kiss to Deacon. P.S. could we see a "walking video" of the big boy?
AUNT DIANE

Steph said...

Aww, I'm sad that I missed it! It looks like it was a huge success! And lots of fun, too! Hope to see you guys soon!! When?! Let's discuss! :)

xoxo
Stephie

Amy said...

I've got a walking video Aunt Diane. I will try to get it to Matt sometime this week.

I miss you guys already. Especially Rachel :)

Amy said...

By the way, that picture of Deacon in the rocker overtook the CUTEST Red Panda for my desktop background. Way to go Deak!

Aunt Diane said...

Thank You Amy in advance. I was glad to hear you were the reader! Very nice. Aunt Di

Amy said...

Ok, it wouldn't let me embed the video, so you gotta follow the link
Deacon Walks:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aheimburg/3472398164/?processed=1&cb=1240622453752

Let me know if you can't see it!

Diane said...

Amy We tried a couple times and can't seem to get the video. Thanks for trying though. Diane

AUNT DIANE said...

HELP I NEED MORE DEACON NEWS. AUNT DI

Jocelyn said...

I believe that it's time for an update. It's been over two weeks now. Jilly, I hope you had a fantabulous Mother's Day<3 xoxoxo

Matt H said...

Thanks for the reminder Jocelyn. I almost forgot I had a blog!

Jocelyn said...

I know, I can tell.